Project Management Thinking
Project management thinking means different things for different people. For us, The SUKAD Way™, is a way of life, a thinking approach, mostly common sense, but using project management systematic approach to solve problems and lead a project, regardless of how small and simple or large and complex; even for life projects!
We summarize The SUKAD Way™ thinking approach below.
- Project management is a disciplined approach; basically establish a system and follow it
- An approach that starts with defining a vision or a goal to achieve
- With a clear goal, next we need to put in place a plan to achieve the goal
- The plan has to be clear, well defined, and unambiguous
- From the plan we move into implementation, where we perform the work per the plan
- Life (and Murphy’s Law) tells us that not everything goes according to the plan
- Since deviation from a plan is normal, we need to monitor our performance against the plan and take the necessary control actions to stay close to the plan
- At the end, we aim for accomplishing our goal
- But before we close, we need to reflect back on the experience and learning through this journey
- This reflection is necessary in order to do it better next time
This is a simplified view of the higher aspects of project management thinking.